The Cyclone V Starter Kit presents a solid hardware design platform built around the Altera Cyclone V GX FPGA, which is optimized for the lowest cost and power requirement for transceiver applications with industry-leading programmable logic for ultimate design flexibility. The Cyclone V GX Starter Kit development board includes hardware such as Arduino Header, on-board USB Blaster, audio and video capabilities and much more.
So let’s get started with Cyclone V GX FPGA board
In addition, an on-board HSMC connector with high-speed transceivers allows for an even greater array of hardware setups. By leveraging all of these capabilities, the Cyclone V GX Starter Kit is the perfect solution for showcasing, evaluating, and prototyping the true potential of the Altera Cyclone V GX FPGA.
The figure depicts the layout of the board and indicates the location of the connectors and key components.
This board has many features that allow users to implement a wide range of designed circuits, from simple circuits to various multimedia projects.
The following hardware is provided on the board:
- Cyclone V GX 5CGXFC5C6F27C7N Device
- 77K Programmable Logic Elements
- 4884 Kbits embedded memory
- Six Fractional PLLs
- Two Hard Memory Controllers
- Six 3.125G Transceivers
Configuration and Debug
- Quad Serial Configuration device – EPCQ256 on FPGA
- On-Board USB Blaster (Normal Type-B USB connector)
- JTAG and AS mode configuration supported
- 4Gb LPDDR2 x32 bits data bus
- 4Mb SRAM x16 bits data bus
- UART to USB
- HSMC x 1(voltage levels: 2.5V), including 4-lanes 3.125G transceiver
- 2×20 GPIO Header (voltage levels: 3.3V)
- Arduino header, including analog pins
- SMA x 4 (DNI), one-lane 3.125G transceiver
- HDMI TX, compatible with DVI v1.0 and HDCP v1.4
- 24-bit CODEC, Line-in, line-out, and microphone-in jacks
Switches, Buttons, LED, and 7-Segments
- 18 LEDs
- 10 Slide Switches
- 4 Debounced Push Buttons
- 1 CPU reset Push Buttons
- Four 7-Segments
Micro SD Card Socket
- Provides SPI and 4-bit SD mode for SD Card access
- 12-Bit Resolution, 500Ksps Sampling Rate. SPI Interface.
- 8-Channel Analog Input. Input Range: 0V ~ 4.096V.
- 12V DC input
We can conclude saying With Cyclone V FPGAs, you can get the power, cost, and performance levels you need for high-volume applications including protocol bridging, motor control drives, broadcast video converter and capture cards, and handheld devices. By taking the profit of all of these capabilities, the Terasic Cyclone V Starter Kit is the perfect solution for showcasing, evaluating, and prototyping the true potential of the Altera Cyclone V GX FPGA. We can find its major application in the field of Protocol bridging, motor control drives, broadcast video converter, capture cards and also in handheld device.
Continued with this, there are a lot of activities (Workshops/Videos/Application notes) please stay tuned with our YouTube channel as well as blogs to learn more. (Website: https://www.tenettech.com/browse/fpga-6)
For any further assistance, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we would be more than happy to help.