In modern technology responding to increased low-cost needs driven by the demand for mobile video, voice, data access, and the hunger for high-quality images, the new DE2-115 offers an optimal balance of low cost, low power and a rich supply of logic, memory and DSP capabilities. The DE2 series has consistently been at the foremost leading in educational development boards by distinguishing itself with an abundance of interfaces to accommodate various application needs.
The Cyclone EP4CE115 device equipped on the DE2-115 features 114,480 logic elements (LEs), the largest offered in the Cyclone IV E series, up to 3.9-Mbits of RAM, and 266 multipliers. In addition, it delivers an unprecedented combination of low cost and functionality, and lower power compared to previous generation Cyclone devices. To provide maximum flexibility for the user, all connections are made through the Cyclone IV E FPGA device. Thus, the user can configure the FPGA to implement any system design.
The figure depicts the layout of the board and indicates the location of the connectors and key components. The DE2-115 adopts similar features from the earlier DE2 series primarily the DE2-70, as well as additional interfaces to support mainstream protocols including Gigabit Ethernet (GbE).
Following is the complete detailed features of DE2-115 board:
Cyclone IV EP4CE115
- 114,480 logic elements (LEs)
- 3,888 Embedded memory (Kbits)
- 266 Embedded 18 x 18 multipliers
- 4 General-purpose PLLs
- 528 User I/Os
Configuration Device and USB-Blaster Circuit
- EPCS64 serial configuration device
- On-board USB-Blaster circuitry
- JTAG and AS mode configuration supported
- 128MB (32Mx32bit) SDRAM
- 2MB (1Mx16) SRAM
- 8MB (4Mx16) Flash with 8-bit mode
- 32Kbit EEPROM
Switches and Indicators
- 18 switches and 4 push-buttons
- 18 red and 9 green LEDs
- Eight 7-segment displays
- 24-bit encoder/decoder(CODEC)
- line-in, line-out, and microphone-in jacks
- 16×2 LCD module
On-Board Clocking Circuitry
- Three 50MHz oscillator clock inputs
- SMA connectors (external clock input/output)
SD Card Socket
- Provides SPI and 4-bit SD mode for SD Card access
Two Gigabit Ethernet Ports
- Integrated 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet
- Supports Industrial Ethernet IP cores
172-pin High Speed Mezzanine Card (HSMC)
- Configurable I/O standards (voltage levels: 3.3/2.5/1.8/1.5V)
- TV decoder (NTSC/PAL/SECAM)
- Desktop DC input
- Switching and step-down regulators LM3150MH
We can conclude saying DE2-115 board has many features that allow users to implement a wide range of designed circuits, from simple circuits to various multimedia projects. In addition a High-Speed Mezzanine Card (HSMC) connector is provided to support additional functionality and connectivity via HSMC daughter cards and cables. For large-scale ASIC prototype development, a connection can be made with two or more FPGA-based boards by means of a HSMC cable through the HSMC connector.
Continued with this, there are a lot of activities (Workshops/Videos/Application notes) please stay tuned with our YouTube channel as well as blogs to learn more. (Website: https://www.tenettech.com/browse/fpga-6)
For any further assistance, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we would be more than happy to help.