TR5 FPGA development kit using the Altera Stratix V GX FPGA provides high-speed operation and transmission with large capacity up to 622K LE.
The board provides four FMC connectors and a 2×20 GPIO connector. It offers a total of more than 500 I/Os for users to expand the usage with the peripherals connected. There are built-in high-speed DDR3 memory and SSRAM to increase the bandwidth for accessing large amounts of data for high-speed computation. In addition, the board also has PCIe and SATA interfaces for high-speed data transmission.
The main applications of TR5 are ASIC prototyping validation and the establishment of prototype systems. The FMC connectors onboard are standard interfaces. Users can purchase or develop various FMC daughter cards to expand their system. For developers who need to use multiple FPGAs, they can leverage Terasic’s FMC or PCIe cable to establish an inter-stackable multi-boards communication system. Users can also purchase Terasic PCIe daughter card to communicate with host PC.
The TR5 development kit includes a variety of reference design examples for peripherals such as DDR3 SDRAM, SD card, USB-to-UART, SATA, PCIe, and an FMC connector. The kit is user friendly and enables users to quickly get started or verify the functions. The kit also provides a tool named “System Builder” software. It can automatically generate a complete Quartus project including pin assignment and clock configuration IP upon users’ selections of peripherals, FMC daughter cards, and a designated clock frequency. It helps users avoid time-consuming and error-prone manual pin-assignment work.
- 622K Logic Elements (LEs)
- 57.16 Mbits Memory
- 256 Variable-precision DSP Blocks
- 512 18×18-bit Multipliers Blocks
- 28 Fractional PLLs and 4DLLs
- ＊FPGAs with higher LEs are also available. Please contact Terasic sales team.
- MAX II CPLD EPM2210 System Controller for Fast Passive Parallel (FPP x16) Configuration
- On-board USB-Blaster II for use with Quartus II Programmer
- 128MB Flash with a 16-bit Data Bus
- 2MB SSRAM (1M x 16)
DDR3 SO-DIMM Socket
- Up to 8GB Capacity
- Maximum Clock Rate at 933 MHz
- 50 MHz Fixed Oscillator
- CDCM6208 Programmable PLL
- LMK04906B Programmable PLL
- SMA Connector Pair for Differential Clock Input and Output
Buttons, Switches and LEDs
- 4 User-controllable LEDs
- 4 Buttons for User-defined Inputs
- 4 Slide Switches for User-defined Inputs
PCI Express Gen 3 x4 Connector
- Support PCI Express Gen 3 x4 (8.0Gbps/lanes)
- High-speed Transceiver Channels up to 8 Gbps
- Support Downstream Mode
Two Serial ATA Ports
- SATA 3.0 Standard at 6Gbps Signaling Rate
Four FPGA Mezzanine Card (FMC) Connectors
- 2 HPC (high-pin count) FMC connectors up to 172 x2 Single-end I/O, 2 LPC (low-pin count) FMC connectors up to 76 x2 Single-end I/O
- 10 Transceiver Channels for each HPC FMC connector and 1Transceiver Channel for LPC each HPC FMC connector
- FMC VITA 57.1 Compliant
- Adjustable VADJ : 1.2V/1.5V/1.8V/2.5V/3.0V.
- Don’t support bidirectional LVDS due to Stratix V device only support single directional LVDS
One 40-pin Expansion Header
- 36 FPGA I/O pins; 4 power and ground lines
- I/O standards: 3.3V
- DC 12V Input
Expansion with FMC Connector
Connect to the FMC daughter cards: XTS-FMC and HDMI-FMC
Connect to the D8M-FMC FMC daughter card
Connect to TI JESD board through Terasic JESD-FMC adapter card
Board to board connection through FMC cable
Expansion with PCI Express Cabling Connector
Board to board connection through PCIe Cable
Expansion with SATA Connector
Board to board connection through SATA cable
Expansion with GPIO Connector
Connect to the D5M daughter card
Connect to the MTL2 daughter card
Connect to the LT24 daughter card
Continued with this, there are a lot of activities (Workshops/Videos/Application notes) please stay tuned with our YouTube channel as well as blogs to learn more. (Website: https://www.tenettech.com/browse/FPGA)
For any further assistance, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com and we would be more than happy to help.
To Buy :https://www.tenettech.com/product/terasic-tr5-fpga-development-kit