This is a plug and play GSM Modem with a simple serial interface. Using this we can send SMS, receive SMS and do other GSM operations by controlling through simple AT commands from the micro-controllers and computers. It uses highly popular SIM300 module for all its operations. Arduino can easily communicate with this GSM module.
Oh.. are you thinking where I can get the GSM Module. Don’t worry Tenet is always with you.
Tenet will give the best price for hobbyiest, students, teachers and so on.
This module makes a great gift for special someone who’s interested in playing with GSM Module. For more gift ideas check out the Tenet Technetronics!
First thing to know before working on any GSM modem is to get familiarized with the “AT commands”. Embedded cellular modules(GSM Modems) are mainly controlled by the use of AT commands. There are set of command-language or instructions that are sent to a cellular module to perform different actions. Without AT commands we could not work with the modems.
The modem consists of all the required external circuitry, to start experimenting with the SIM300 module like power regulation, external antenna, SIM Holder, etc.
- Uses the extremely popular SIM300 GSM module
- Provides serial TTL interface for easy and direct interface to microcontrollers
- Power, RING and Network LEDs for easy debugging
- Can be used for GSM based Voice communications, Data/Fax, SMS,GPRS and TCP/IP stack
- Can be controlled through standard AT commands
- Comes with an onboard wire antenna for better reception.
- The SIM300 allows an adjustable serial baud rate from 1200 to 115200 bps (9600 default)
- Modem a low power consumption of 0.25 A during normal operations and around 1 A during transmission
- Operating Voltage: 5V
For more information please find the below mentioned links